Hellooo beautiful goddesses and brave men venturing into this blog to learn more about pussy weightlifting! Welcome to Vaginal Weightlifting 101. Though it could be and has been called many things. Vaginal Kung fu. Yoni Weightlifting. Kegels on Crack. Pussy Power Training. Amazing badass feminine magic. Yeah.
You do vaginal weightlifting with yoni eggs, and a weight on the other end. Yoni is an ancient Sanskrit word meaning “source”, “sacred space”, “origin”, “divine temple”, and “womb”. Hence, yoni eggs are polished semi-precious gemstones that nestle inside your lady parts.
Why would I want to stuff an egg inside my poon?
Okay, that’s a valid question. Just to educate you a little about context, yoni eggs have actually been used for an estimated 5,000 years, starting in ancient China by the Empress and the concubines of the royal court. The use of yoni eggs is now undergoing a modern revival, because the word is being spread about the practice, and women around the world are trying out this practice and experiencing the benefits for themselves. Vaginal fitness and feeling sexually vibrant has impact on your overall life energy. Your womb has incredibly powerful creation energy, and when you are not having a baby, you can tap into that power to manifest amazing things in your life.
Some of the benefits you can experience with vaginal weightlifting may include, but are not limited to:
- Feeling empowered and confident
- Experiencing more orgasms, more easily, more intensely, and with more frequency
- Enhanced sensation in your vagina
- Rocking your lover’s world
- Creating positive and loving self care rituals that include your own sensuality and sexuality (this is especially healing for women who have been victims of sexual trauma in the past)
- Decreased incontinence
- Increasing vaginal tone after you’ve had a baby or two or three
- Setting aside time to focus on your intentions and practice mindfulness in the moment as you engage in your practice
- Decreased menstrual cramps
- Easier childbirth and decreased risk of prolapse
- Not to mention all the benefits you reap from using a particular crystal (such as using jade for good fortune, or rose quartz for love, etc.)
Often times we as women pay no mind to our yonis. Our yoni might not hardly receive any attention. It might feel desensitized, even numb. We may feel sexually unsatisfied, and not know that it’s because of a weak pelvic floor. We are not taught certain principles, and we may go through life in a full fog.
Ladies, your vagina is composed of a group of muscles, just as you know other parts of your body are composed of groups of muscles. Therefore, you can innervate and strengthen your vagina, you can make it feel alive and vital, which makes YOU feel alive and vital, by having your vagina weight lift! Just a question to consider: if you wanted your arms to get strong, would you go to the gym and do bicep curls with no weight? Would you see much progress? Or would it be better to do resistance training, doing curls with weights, and maybe starting with something really light, but then increasing in weight as you become more fit? It’s exactly the same thing. That’s why we recommend vaginal weightlifting.
Okay, I’m in. What do I do?
Well, since we are going over Vaginal Weightlifting 101, we will start at the very beginning.
- You will want to order a high quality egg such as the ones on our site.
- When you get your egg, you want to cleanse it physically. Set your egg in a small cup or bowl with a little bit of mild soap or apple cider vinegar, and pour very hot (not boiling water) over it and let it sit there for 10 minutes. Rinse it off and let it air dry.
- Then, we recommend that you cleanse it energetically. For example, you can let it sit overnight under the moon in a bowl of sea salt, or burn sage and let the smoke envelop the egg. There are many ways to cleanse it- these are just a few ideas.
- Next, you will want to set an intention for the egg. Program it. Charge it. Let the egg absorb what you are sending it. You can place the egg in your hands and become still and ask your requests or questions. Focus intently on your goals, being specific in your questions, and visualizing exactly what you want to manifest, how you want to feel. Allow the egg to help you manifest your intentions.
- String the egg.
3 Basic Yoni Egg Exercises (no weight)
If you have never used yoni eggs before, START HERE. If you have used yoni eggs before but have never weight lifted and feel ready, skip to the next part here.
Consider this getting your pussy ready for weightlifting. You want to make sure your yoni is used to having a yoni egg inside and is capable of handling more weight before you even consider doing vaginal weightlifting. Better safe than sorry, ladies. You will be doing kegels while in the positions below. Kegels are the contraction of the pelvic floor muscles. You can identify them for the first time while stopping peeing mid-stream. Once you know which muscles they are, when you are doing your yoni egg practice, maintain your focus and clench them. That is a kegel.*
Shavasana: Lay flat on your back with your legs about shoulder width apart. While being relaxed, stay mindful and feel the egg inside your yoni. As you do your kegel, try to feel all walls of your vagina surrounding and touching your egg. Clench around the egg and hold the contraction for 5 seconds. Then release and completely relax for 5-10 seconds. Repeat this 5 times.
- Child’s pose: This is a great calming and restorative pose. Kneel down, sitting on your heels. Lay your torso down over your thighs and reach your hands forward and feel the gentle stretch in your back and lats. Contract your yoni muscles around the egg as rapidly as possible, but firmly as possible, for 15-20 repetitions. Breathe and relax for 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times.
- Bridge: Lay on your back, with your knees bent, and your feet placed flat. Lift your hips up in the air and tightly squeeze the egg for a few seconds. Make sure you don’t hold your breath. Slowly drop your hips back to the floor and let you and your yoni relax and recover. Repeat this for 6 sets. Each time you do another set, try to squeeze a little tighter.
*Please note the difference between a tight pelvic floor, and a strong pelvic floor. We want to alternate periods of contraction with relaxation, to develop a strong but agile vagina. If you have tight pelvic floor muscles, you will want to resolve this before you start a yoni egg practice.
3 Yoni Egg Weightlifting Exercises
Do these exercises only after having worked with the egg by itself, without weight. Because you need to attach a weight, you must use a drilled egg. One easy way to do this is to take a small pouch, such as a jewelry pouch, or the one included in our starter kit. You can place anything inside, such as small tumbled gemstones a.k.a pocket crystals. Using pocket crystals as weights is pretty cool because you get this potpourri of healing qualities emanating, as well as the ability to increase the weight incrementally. Start with just 1 or 2 crystals, and then over time you can add another, and another, and another.
- Hip swings front and back: Push your pelvis forward, and push your pelvis backwards. Do this gently, rocking your hips to and fro. This movement will create a pendulum effect with the weight swinging underneath you. It’s actually quite a delicious feeling, and your yoni has to work to counteract gravity, tightening around the egg to keep it inside, as the momentum moves it back and forth. Gently do this, for 30 swings each way.
- Deep squats: In a wide stance, making sure your feet track over your knees, squat down as far as you can, respecting your limits. This is a very primal movement. Try to get comfortable with this, dropping in to this pose for 30 seconds or more. At the bottom, challenge yourself to do kegels. Aim for 3 sets of 10. For this exercise, make sure you don’t attach too much string to the weight, or the weight might hit the floor, depending on how low you squat. To avoid this, you can always stand upon two steps or two blocks, so you have greater height and room for your weight to move.
- Hip circles: With feet about shoulder width apart, slowly corkscrew your hips to one side for 10 reps, and to the other direction for 10 reps. Feel the egg inside you as the string gently tugs your yoni as the weight stimulates your yoni as it circles around. It’s a nice little challenge as you couple the weight with the momentum.
In sports science, there is the Principle of Supercompensation. This means that by applying correct amounts of resistance and rest, after training, you will have an enhanced performance capacity to before training. This means that it’s important to apply a little bit of a challenge, but to be reasonable and work within your limits. You do your weightlifting, and then let your yoni REST. Wait at least a day before weightlifting again, or maybe even just do it three or four times a week. You can progressively increase the resistance by adding a small amount of weight. Once you can comfortably handle it, you can then add more weight. Your pussy learns! It gets smarter, it gets stronger. But it must be in a progressive fashion.
After Your Practice
After your do your yoni egg session, it’s important to relax a little bit. Let your vagina relax, let it do a pussy shavasana. You can lay on your back and just breathe and give yourself thanks for the self care. You can enumerate in your head all the things you are grateful for. Or you can sit in lotus and meditate. Or go to your desk and journal. It’s really up to you, but it’s a great opportunity to reflect and creatively express any information you received in the session. Don’t forget to rinse off your egg with water, and then either store it in a nice swath of fabric in your bedside drawer, or in its own altar on a stand.
Q: Which egg would you recommend for my first yoni egg?
A: Jade is known as “The Queen of All Yoni Eggs” for good reason! Jade has had the longest history of use in the world (around 5,000 years!), and is the most common type of yoni egg in the world. It’s non-porous, which means it’s antimicrobial. It’s an extremely hard crystal, meaning that if it accidentally gets dropped or banged (oops), it’s much less likely to chip or break. In other words, it’s very durable. Another great benefit of using jade eggs is that they are the best eggs to use if you want to wear them for longer stretches of time, such as throughout the day, or to bed. Jade is also famed to imbue a lot of amazing blessings, like good fortune, abundance, great health, and prosperity, among other things. We recommend jade eggs that are GIA certified, organic, and dye-free. Check out our picks here: Nephrite, Lilac, Mint, and Mottled Jaguar Green
Q: I am completely new to this, but super intrigued. Do you sell some of the materials you mentioned, such as hemp string, sage, pouch, and pocket crystals?
A: We do offer a drilled yoni egg starter kit. Peep the link to see what’s included.
Q: What if the egg keeps sliding out?
A: If the egg keeps sliding out, it could be that you are using an egg too advanced for your current level. If you are wearing a medium egg, maybe consider a large (counterintuitive, but the smaller the egg, the more strength and agility required to keep it in place and handle it.) If you have your weight of a pouch with 3 pocket crystals, maybe unload one or two of those crystals. If it slips out even if you have a large egg with no weight, just start with laying down on your back on the bed and letting it stay inside that way. Work on your kegels in this manner, until you can grab work your way to sitting and doing kegels, and standing doing kegels, then consider graduating to a medium sized egg. Continue the process if you wish until you get to a small sized egg. Buying a set of 3 can help you easily transition between sizes when you’re ready.
Q: Can the egg get stuck?
A: No, never. It is similar to a tampon. It can never escape beyond the vaginal canal.
Q: Is there any reason why I shouldn’t use yoni eggs?
A: If you have any sort of vaginal infection, pelvic issue, prolapse, or other medical condition which could be impacted by yoni eggs, please consult your ob-gyn or other trusted health care practitioner about your specific situation.
Your vagina deserves attention
Your body will thrive with more love and care
Respect your body’s limits- go slowly
Have FUN with it!
It’s a delightful and yonique practice (do you like how we did that there?)